1. Remember to breathe. Many of us hold our breath when feeling stressed. Come back to conscious breathing.
2. Drink enough water to keep yourself well-hydrated. Eight glasses a day is a reasonable goal.
3. Choose wholesome foods that will sustain your energy and provide good nourishment. Get off that sugar rollercoaster.
4. Add some activity into your day. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, according to your doctor's guidelines.
5. Go to sleep and get up at the same time every day (even weekends!)
What do you do that helps ground you when stress arises?